A Whale’s Tail – Alaskan Quilting Cruise
September 16 - September 23
Come see the majesty and beauty of Alaska!
With mountains to climb, rivers to raft, glaciers to coo over and a bevy of bears to photograph, Alaska is the ultimate wilderness. From the moment you arrive, the raw, unspoiled beauty of the USA’s 49th state is almost overwhelming.
And, there will be whales. It’s one of the most watched for things during an Alaskan cruise. Watch for the spray and then a tail.
Stay tuned for a fun project I’m designing just for the cruise – it may be released it at a later date to the rest of the world, but you’ll get it first.
- 16 September 2023: Depart Seattle, Washington at 4pm
- 17 September 2023: Quilting and Cruising Day at Sea – Welcome Aboard Reception – Evening Open Sewing
- 18 September 2023: Morning Quilting and Cruising – Juneau, Alaska from 1pm to 10pm
- 19 September 2023: Morning Glacier Bay and Scenic Cruising – Afternoon Quilting and Cruising – Icy Strait, Alaska from 6pm to 10pm
- 20 September 2023: Sitka, Alaska from 8am to 5pm – Evening Open Sewing
- 21 September 2023: Ketchikan, Alaska from 7am to 1pm – Afternoon Quilting and Cruising – Evening Open Sewing
- 22 September 2023: Quilting and Cruising Day at Sea – Farewell Reception – Victoria, British Columbia from 6pm to 11:30pm
- 23 September 2023: Arrive Seattle, Washington at 7am
About the Ship:
We will be sailing onboard the beautiful Holland America ms Eurodam. Holland America Line’s first Signature-class ship, Eurodam has recently received many exciting updates. Guests cruising on this graceful ship can enjoy the full Music Walk™ experience, including Lincoln Center Stage, B.B. King’s Blues Club and Billboard Onboard. Explore onboard at BBC Earth Experiences. Enjoy regional cooking demonstrations and food and wine tastings with EXC Port to Table programming.
Features of this ship include:
- Main Stage
- BBC Earth productions
- Game Shows
- Screening Room – Movies with popcorn
- America’s Test Kitchen
- BB Kings Club
- Digital Workshops
- Fitness Center
- Music Walk
- Several bars and lounges to choose from
- 2 pools, 5 whirlpools
- Sports Court
- Retreat – Adult only sun-deck (fee-based)
- Onboard accommodations
- Port fees and taxes
- Quilting and Cruising at Sea
- Complete quilt top kit
- Scheduled Open Sewing Hours
- Welcome Aboard Reception
- Group Dining
- Farewell Reception
- Machines provided by:
Pricing: ALL PRICING IS IN USD.
Pricing is per person, based on double occupancy. Other categories and occupancy are available upon request. Pricing is subject to change until booked and deposited in full.
Interior staterooms feature two lower beds that convert to a queen-sized bed and private bathroom with shower. All staterooms include bathrobes, Elemis bath amenities, complimentary fresh fruit, flat-panel TV and DVD player, personal safe, telephone, and hair dryer.
Stateroom Size:151 – 233 sq ft *
Category L: Rooms are on Decks 4, 5, 6, 7 Forward and Aft
$2113 per Quilter $1613 per NonQuilter
Category K: Rooms are on Decks 4, 5, 6 Forward and Aft
$2133 per Quilter $1633 per NonQuilter
Oceanview staterooms feature a picture window, two lower beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, and private bathroom with tub/shower combination. All staterooms include bathrobes, Elemis bath amenities, complimentary fresh fruit, flat-panel TV and DVD player, personal safe, telephone, and hair dryer.
Stateroom Size:174 – 180 sq ft *
$2513 per Quilter $2013 per NonQuilter
$2483 per Quilter $1983 per NonQuilter
Verandah staterooms feature floor-to-ceiling glass windows with a door that opens to a private balcony, two lower beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, sitting area, and private bathroom with tub/shower combination. All staterooms include bathrobes, Elemis bath amenities, complimentary fresh fruit, flat-panel TV and DVD player, personal safe, telephone, and hair dryer.
Stateroom Size: 212 – 359 sq ft *
$2763 per Quilter $2263 per NonQuilter
$2803 per Quilter; $2303 per NonQuilter
$2843 per Quilter $2343 per NonQuilter
$2883 per Quilter $2383 per NonQuilter
Payment Schedule: Monthly Payment Plans are Available Upon Request
(Pricing and availability are subject to change at any time unless booked and deposited)
- $700 per person deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Final balance due on or before 1 June 2023
- **Trip/Travel Insurance through Travel Guard will be quoted by email following the original deposit.
Cancellation Fee Schedule
- A $250 cancellation fee will be assessed beginning January 1, 2023.
- A $500 cancellation fee will be assessed beginning October 1, 2023
- Cancellations made 60 days prior to the cruise departure date will be 100% non-refundable.